Thursday, April 14, 2016

Making the Choice


A mission is hard. And I don't just mean hard, I mean extremely hard. Never have I had a trial like this in my entire life. Coming here has caused my testimony to be shaken completely down to its core. The first day I didn't think I could do it. I got here and was thrown directly into missionary life and about wanted to cry and walk back out the front door...but I'm glad I didn't. Making the choice to go and serve not only shook my testimony down to its core, but it also strengthened it up higher than the skies and it's all because I made the choice. As soon as you walk through those MTC doors and put on that name tag, you have a decision to make. You have to choose whether or not you believe this. Whether or not this is for you. Whether or not you are truly believe in the gospel that you will be sharing and teaching to the world for a year and a half. It was a hard decision to make at first. I walked in terrified, not knowing or understanding anything I thought I did anymore. This was a completely different realm of the world for me and that terrified me. But nonetheless I made the decision. I chose to stand up straight, wipe away  my tears and walk forward with a smile on my face because I remembered, I'm not alone. I don't have to make this decision alone. When I was set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I was promised I would always have the spirit of Christ with me wherever I went and it's true. I put all of my trust and faith in Christ and I said goodbye to my family for a year and a half and walked on a plane and flew hours away from home, to a place where I knew no one, and the only way I was able to do that was because of Christ. He willingly left his Father in heaven and came down to Earth for us, so why couldn't I? I love my Savior and Heavenly Father and I'm so grateful for the choice I made to become a missionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment